Bishop's Food Services Department provides daily lunch and a morning snack. The director of the department, Sara Sweet, a registered dietitian, along with her talented staff focus on healthy, homemade food using fresh local ingredients.
Our mid-morning snack --known as "Milk Break"--is free for all students and features milk, fruit and cereal. There is also a snack bar which sells other items, such as egg burritos, yogurt parfaits and fresh fruit cups.
Lunch includes the following:
- a special entrée
- salad bar (which includes two protein sources in addition to assorted vegetables and greens) and several feature salads
- hot pasta (with a choice of marinara, butter and parmesan cheese)
- sandwich bar with pre-made turkey sandwiches, soy butter and jelly, sliced cheese, bread and various condiments
- a self-serve Mexican food bar with brown rice, beans, tortillas, grated cheese and salsa
- milk, soymilk and apple juice
- a rotation of self-serve hot vegetables, vegetarian dishes and tofu
- accommodations for special diets (contact Ms. Sweet)