Follow these steps to be considered for a 2016 summer internship:
- Attend information session
- April 12 at 1:10 p.m. (during upper school lunch)
- In EBS Hall Board Room
- Missed it? Call the Alumni Office at (858) 875-0505 to schedule a make-up.
- Email statement of interest, resume and parent/guardian consent form
- By Thursday, April 21 by 8:00 p.m.
- With subject line “Internship Interest 2016 from Your Last Name”
- Email to Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- See details and helpful tips below
- Apply directly to internship provider
- By Thursday, April 28 by 8:00 p.m.
- Using the “how to apply” information emailed from Alumni Office
- Alumni Office will email “how to apply” information on April 22
- Respond to internship providers
- Between April 28 and May 13 internship providers will review applications and interview select candidates.
- Reply promptly when contacted.
- Receive notification
- All applicants notified of results by May 19
If you prefer to submit hard copies of your statement of interest, resume and parent/guardian consent form
, please drop them off at the School’s front desk by 2:30 p.m. on April 21
Statement of interest must include:
Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- First and last name, phone number, Bishop’s and non-Bishop’s email addresses
- Which internships you want to apply for and why these internships interest you
- 12 point font; 1 page maximum
- Click here to print, sign, scan and submit.
- Keep it to one page
- Possible sections include: Education, Work Experience, Volunteer and Student Involvement Activities (highlight leadership roles and accomplishments within community service, athletics, clubs and extracurricular activities), Skills and Interest (academic or professional related), Awards and Achievements
- Use a consistent format with headings, subheadings, dates, bullets with action words demonstrating accomplishments
- Ask someone to proofread
- View resume samples online: Try this one.
- Dress professionally
- Arrive 10 minutes early to show your reliability; plan extra time to allow for traffic and parking issues
- Rehearse answers to basic interview questions. Try some of these.
- Research the organization (read their web site); demonstrate what you learned when answering interview questions
Click on the company names below for internship details.