Employment

About The Bishop's School
The Bishop’s School was f
ounded in 1909 as an independent Episcopal school. A coeducational college preparatory day school for 800 students in grades 6-12, Bishop's is located on a historic campus in the heart of La Jolla, just 10 miles north of downtown San Diego. With the student-teacher ratio at 9 to 1, Bishop’s is known for academic, artistic and athletic excellence while celebrating diversity and inclusion. The School draws from 65 zip codes and 75 middle and high schools throughout San Diego County and beyond. Students of color make up more than 43 percent of the student population and nearly $3 million is awarded in financial aid annually.

Faculty

List of 2 items.

Mission Statement
The Bishop's School is an academic community pursuing intellectual, artistic and athletic excellence in the context of the Episcopal tradition. We are dedicated to offering the highest quality education to a diverse student body and to fostering integrity, imagination, moral responsibility, and commitment to serving the larger community.

Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Bishop’s School promotes an inclusive and compassionate community of students, faculty, staff, administrators, parents, trustees, and alumni. We honor and embrace diverse identities such as age, culture, ethnicity, family structure, gender and gender identity, group affiliation, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Because diversity enriches the exchange of ideas, we foster a physically and emotionally safe environment in which different experiences, thoughts, and opinions are respectfully expressed and respectfully heard. Such an environment allows every individual to thrive in and contribute to our global community.
THE BISHOP’S SCHOOL     7607 La Jolla Boulevard     La Jolla, CA 92037     (858) 459-4021
The Bishop’s School is an independent, coeducational college-preparatory day school for students in grades six through twelve who live throughout San Diego County. Founded in 1909, the School is affiliated with the Episcopal church.