Chapel

St. Mary's Chapel

Dedicated on February 15, 1917, the School is celebrating the 100th anniversary of St. Mary's Chapel during the 2016-2017 school year. 
 
Designed by noted architect, Carleton Monroe Winslow, St. Mary’s Chapel was a gift from Isabel Green Johnson, Bishop Joseph Horsfall Johnson’s wife. The Bishop Johnson Tower, also designed by Winslow, was added in 1930. Transepts and a baptistry, along with seismic reinforcements, were installed in 1938.

Evensong Service on Feb. 26

When: February 26, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
Where: St. Mary's Chapel, The Bishop's School

In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the dedication of St. Mary's Chapel, on February 26, 2017, an Evensong service will be held in the chapel. The Bishop's Singers will join a professional choir, accompanied by the prayerful reflections of Chair of the Board of Trustees, The Right Reverend James Mathes. Register here to attend.
THE BISHOP’S SCHOOL     7607 La Jolla Boulevard     La Jolla, CA 92037     (858) 459-4021
The Bishop’s School is an independent, coeducational college-preparatory day school for students in grades six through twelve who live throughout San Diego County. Founded in 1909, the School is affiliated with the Episcopal church.