Volunteers

Alumni Association Board

Alumni Program Focus 2020-2021
  • Multi-channel and interactive communications
  • Connect alumni to the daily life of the School
  • Projects and communications that focus on:
    • Promoting the strength of the alumni network
    • Emphasizing the importance of philanthropy
    • Increasing engagement of recent grads and the campus community
    • Educating alumni about the work of the alumni board

2020-2021 Board Members

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
President - Laurel Hanson '87 
Vice President - Melissa Alioto Murfey '97 (Nominations Committee Chair)
Treasurer - Julie Zures Turner ’95 (Advancement Committee Chair)
Secretary - Sandra Miller Gilbert ’72

CURRENT MEMBERS

Marshall Anderson '08
Nicole Benedict ’82 (Career Committee Chair)
Richard Bull ’97
Don Carlson ’80
Denise Hoxsey Connolly ’82 (Events Committee Chair)
Cassandra Garcia-Bacha ’13
Lindsay Gordon Gratry ’95
Mark Hanson ’90
Mike Hoagland ’03 
Kim Middleton Kelly '84 (Communications Committee Chair)
Susan Brown Lawson ’71
Torrey Velasquez Leavy '03 
Julie Gantz Miles ’09 (Recent Alumni Committee Co-chair)
Chelsea Smith-Carmichael Peterson ’07
Roberto Rosas ’10
Natalie Royston ’99
Alison Senyei Russell ’02
Austin Rutherford ’08
Gretchen Trekell Sargeant '77
William Stephenson ’95
Susan Fleet Welsch ’63 
Trace Wilson '88 (History and Traditions Committee Chair)
Chris Zures ’05 

Alumni Association Board

The Alumni Association Board (AAB) is the governing body of the Alumni Association. AAB is a group of 27 alumni who meet four times per year on campus to discuss alumni initiatives and events. They come from all over the country and represent all the eras of Bishop's and San Miguel. To connect with an Alumni Association Board member, email the Alumni Office or call (858) 875-0505.
THE BISHOP’S SCHOOL     7607 La Jolla Boulevard     La Jolla, CA 92037     (858) 459-4021
The Bishop’s School is an independent, coeducational college-preparatory day school for students in grades six through twelve who live throughout San Diego County. Founded in 1909, the School is affiliated with the Episcopal church.