Thank you for your interest in applying to The Bishop's School!
In light of the current pandemic climate we find ourselves in, The Bishop's School Admissions Office is turning to the Episcopal values that define us in order to guide the application process for the 2021-2022 academic year.
At Bishop's, we believe that each of us has a unique role to play in making the world a better place. We seek to raise up morally courageous, kind and compassionate human beings who will use their education and their power for good in the world.
- We seek students who genuinely care about others, love learning, and want to make a difference.
At Bishop's, we believe that students learn best when they are known, valued, connected and safe. Throughout our work with families, we place importance on nurturing the spiritual, mental and social-emotional health of our students.
- We want to get to know you for who you are and what matters to you.
We also know that every student's experience, especially this year, will be uniquely different. Sports, arts, and co-curricular activities may be limited or cancelled. Testing is not accessible for many and testing environments are not uniform.
- We are not accepting an entrance exam (ISEE or SSAT) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applications will be given consideration in the context of your experiences during the pandemic and the limitations deemed necessary to keep you safe. Your involvement with and contributions to family and community are highly valued. Your academic work in school whether remote or in person will be different this year and we understand that. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be available on October 1. Requirements are as follows:1. Student and parent applications:
Please submit a grade-level specific application (middle school grades 6-8, 9th grade, or transfer grades 10-12).
2. Recommendations and supplemental information:
- We ask that students authentically write their portion, we want to hear their voices.
-English Teacher Recommendation & Student Writing Sample: Confidential recommendation should be completed by the student's current English teacher. In addition, please request that the English teacher submit a graded authentic writing sample by the student to be sent directly to The Bishop's School.
- Mathematics Teacher Recommendation & Student Mathematics Test: This confidential teacher recommendation should be completed by the student's current math teacher. In addition, please request that the math teacher submit a graded mathematics test directly to The Bishop's School, preferably semester end results.
- Administrator Recommendation: This confidential recommendation should be completed by an administrator at the student's current school and sent directly to The Bishop's School.3. Transcripts:
We require transcripts from the prior two years and fall 2020 semester grades, as well as any standardized testing administered by your school in the last two years. These should be sent directly from the student's school to The Bishop's School.4. A personal family interview
will be conducted by Zoom once the student/parent application has been received.For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 375-9431.