Thank you for your interest in applying to The Bishop's School!
In light of the current pandemic climate we find ourselves in, The Bishop's School Admissions Office is turning to the Episcopal values that define us in order to guide the application process for the 2021-2022 academic year.
At Bishop's, we believe that each of us has a unique role to play in making the world a better place. We seek to raise up morally courageous, kind and compassionate human beings who will use their education and their power for good in the world.
At Bishop's, we believe that students learn best when they are known, valued, connected and safe. Throughout our work with families, we place importance on nurturing the spiritual, mental and social-emotional health of our students.
- We seek students who genuinely care about others, love learning, and want to make a difference.
We also know that every student's experience, especially this year, will be uniquely different. Sports, arts, and co-curricular activities may be limited or cancelled. Testing is not accessible for many and testing environments are not uniform.
- We want to get to know you for who you are and what matters to you.
Applications will be given consideration in the context of your experiences during the pandemic and the limitations deemed necessary to keep you safe. Your involvement with and contributions to family and community are highly valued. Your academic work in school whether remote or in person will be different this year and we understand that.
- We are not accepting an entrance exam (ISEE or SSAT) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now available. To apply, please click here.
Requirements are as follows:
Please note that all application documents must be requested and submitted electronically through the applicant portal.
1. Student and parent applications: Please submit a grade-level specific application (middle school grades 6-8, 9th grade, or transfer grades 10-12).
- We ask that students authentically write their portion of the application, we want to hear their voices.
2. Record Release Authorization: This form must be completed prior to the other checklist items becoming available in the applicant portal.
3. Recommendations and supplemental information: We advise that families wait to request recommendations and supplemental information until closer to the end of the first semester or trimester. Requests should be made electronically through the applicant portal.
- English Teacher Recommendation & Student Writing Sample: After you fill out the corresponding requests to your current English teacher via your online checklist, the teacher will receive 1) an email with a link to complete the confidential recommendation form online and 2) a link to upload a graded authentic writing sample.
- Mathematics Teacher Recommendation & Student Mathematics Test: After you fill out the corresponding requests to your current math teacher via your online checklist, the teacher will receive 1) an email with a link to complete the confidential recommendation form online and 2) a link to upload a graded mathematics test to the applicant portal, preferably semester end results.
- Administrator Recommendation: After you fill out the request to your current administrator (including a principal, head of school or guidance counselor) via your online checklist, the administrator will receive an email with a link to complete the confidential recommendation form online.
4. Transcripts, Standardized Testing and Records: We advise that families wait to request transcripts, standardized testing and records until closer to the end of the first semester or trimester as we require first semester/trimester grades.
We require transcripts from the prior two years and fall 2020 semester grades, as well as any standardized testing (if available) administered by your school in the last two years. We also request any attendance and immunization records. After you fill out the request to your school's office via your online checklist, your student's school will receive an email with instructions to upload these documents directly to the online portal.
5. A personal family interview will be conducted by Zoom once the student/parent application has been received.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 375-9431.