The Learning Center is a supplementary resource for students who want to manage and organize the multiple demands of student life and strengthen their study habits. This resource is included in Bishop's tuition.
The Learning Center’s primary objective is to help students become independent learners who are aware of their learning strengths and challenges and who can advocate successfully for their educational needs.
The Learning Center at The Bishop’s School has two key goals:
- To reach and to teach students before they experience academic frustrations and minimize their current frustrations related to learning and studying
- To empower students in their pursuits of lifelong learning
What The Learning Center can do for Bishop’s students:
- Discovery of one’s individual learning styles
- Learn strategies necessary for academic success
- Improve study skills, organization and life management, motivation, note-taking and test-taking strategies
- Enhance active listening and reading skills
- Improve organization of materials and preparation for exams
- Address procrastination and other school-related concerns
- Build positive homework habits
- Provide extra academic support and guidance
During an initial appointment, students are introduced to their individual learning styles. The Learning Center develops a personalized plan of action for academic success, offering students a new way to view their learning. Learning really can be fun!