In our curricular and extra-curricular activities, we seek to provide an education for our students that meets the expectations of our diverse, multicultural student body and prepares them for life in the global village. We nurture global citizenship by training leaders who can be agents of positive global change.
At Bishop’s, we understand “Global Education” to include the following elements:1. Knowledge/Global IQ
– Studying the geography, culture, language, history, peoples, religions, customs, scientific and technical challenges that confront the world in the 21st century.2. Skills
– Core skills and classroom activities include project-based learning, team work, attentive listening, negotiation and conflict resolution.3. Experience
– Bishop’s students experience and interact with global societies and cultures with different perspectives and social values from those in the United States.
- Locally: Hosting local guest speakers; recognizing and celebrating our multicultural heritage as a community; and promoting participation in local multicultural events and cultural celebrations
- Globally: International trips (language exchanges, cultural immersion and enrichment, community service); study abroad opportunities (for a year, a semester, or during summer/spring breaks); cultural exchanges (including on campus); work experience and business internships; and opportunities for research and field work