Designed by noted architect, Carleton Monroe Winslow, St. Mary’s Chapel was a gift from Isabel Green Johnson, Bishop Joseph Horsfall Johnson’s wife. The Bishop Johnson Tower, also designed by Winslow, was added in 1930. Transepts and a baptistry, along with seismic reinforcements, were installed in 1938.
THE BISHOP’S SCHOOL7607 La Jolla Boulevard La Jolla, CA 92037 (858) 459-4021
The Bishop’s School is an independent, coeducational college-preparatory day school for students in grades six through twelve who live throughout San Diego County. Founded in 1909, the School is affiliated with the Episcopal church.