Alumni Board | Alumni Awards
The Alumni Association Board (AAB) is the governing body of the Alumni Association. AAB is a group of approximately 36 alumni who meet four times per year on campus to discuss alumni initiatives and events. They come from all over the country and represent all the eras of Bishop’s and San Miguel.
Current Alumni Association and AAB Activities:
- Event planning for the Ellen Browning Scripps Celebration, Alumni Weekend with class reunions, regional events, and YABA! (Young Alumni) events
- Recognizing outstanding alumni, faculty and staff through the Alumni Awards Program
- Identifying opportunities for alumni to network and grow professionally
- Student mentoring and outreach through alumni-student events and activities (Recent Alumni Internship Program, Career Day)
- Fostering relationships with regional alumni
- Advancement Committee support of school campaigns and Alumni Fund efforts
- Welcoming seniors into the alumni family on Senior Salute Day
- Centennial Celebration coordination and planning and the creation and oversight of Bishop’s History Exhibition in Wheeler J. Bailey
Centennial Year Successes:
- On the occasion of the Centennial Celebration, the Alumni Association presented the School with an intangible gift that brought to life the rich history of our alma mater: Bishop’s History Exhibition – a reflection of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
- During the 100th Anniversary of The Bishop's School, The Alumni Association launched an expanded Alumni Awards Program and honored nine alumni and the Headmaster on Ellen Browning Scripps Day. Each year notable honorees will be recognized on Ellen Browning Scripps Day for their commitments to the School and the community.